What's new in this version:
New features and improvements:
- It is now possible to set Live’s language to Chinese via the Look/Feel Preferences tab. Info texts and Help View lessons now have Chinese translations.
- Updated info texts and added info text translations in German, Spanish, French, Italian and Japanese
- Improved the contrast of the text in the dialog that appears after choosing the Slice to New MIDI Track command
- The "Absolute 14bit" MIDI mapping mode can now be used with MIDI Remote Scripts that appear in the Link/MIDI Preferences tab.
- It is now possible to create a "Remote Scripts" folder in the User Library, where user/third-party scripts can be added for use with MIDI controllers. Added scripts will appear in the Link/MIDI Preferences tab.
- Recording automation for multiple device or mixer parameters together will now result in less steps to undo on Push.
- While recording on Push, pressing the Fixed Length button near the end of a segment of time that corresponds with the Global Quantization setting will cause Live to wait until that amount of time is elapsed before stopping the recording.
- When Push is connected, other control surfaces will no longer conflict with the automatic track arming behavior of Push. When using multiple Push control surfaces, they will no longer conflict with each other's automatic track arming behavior.
- When selecting Drum Mode on the Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 controller, the pad LEDs now correctly reflect their drum pad states upon loading a Set containing a Drum Rack on the selected track.
- In the Novation Launchpad Pro MK3 controller's Device Mode, the last selected parameter bank of each device instance will now be recalled upon reselecting the device instance.
- The Novation Launchkey Mini MK3, Launchpad Mini MK3, Launchpad Pro MK3 and Launchpad X control surfaces will no longer revert to their default layout when MIDI port settings are changed in Live's Preferences.
- It is now possible to select parameter banks of Max for Live and plug-in devices via the Novation Launchkey MKII control surface.
Max for Live:
- Default Max for Live devices now use live.comment instead of live.text
- Updated the bundled Max build to version 8.1.3
- The End User License Agreement displayed during installation is now up to date
- On Windows, when the Computer MIDI Keyboard is enabled, menus can now be accessed via their keyboard shortcuts (e.g., using "ALT"+"F" to access the "File" menu). Previously, this only worked when the Computer MIDI Keyboard was disabled.
- In the Arrangement, time signature markers that change to 4/4 time are now indicated by a "4/4" text label near their markers.
- Fixed a bug that prevented undo and redo operations upon creating a computer keyboard mapping, as well as redo operations after deleting a computer keyboard mapping.
- Fixed a visual glitch that appeared when moving the mouse over an automation envelope.
Midi Recording and Editing:
- Fixed some bugs that affected consolidating MIDI clips
- Previously when dragging a velocity marker, the mouse cursor would jump back to its initial position
- It is now possible to send MIDI clock messages to Live when External Sync is enabled and the transport is stopped, without causing all playing MIDI notes to be cut off. Also, sending a MIDI Start/Continue message to Live when it is already playing will no longer cause playback to briefly stop and then start again – instead, Live will simply continue to play.
- When using an encoder on a MIDI controller to control a device parameter with discrete values, the control functionality will no longer be inverted.
- Previously, when instantiating an Audio Unit plug-in, Live would sometimes display an error message about a folder that could not be created.
- Previously, after replacing a Max for Live device and then undoing the operation, the wrong device name would be displayed.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after unfreezing a track containing Wavetable, and then deleting the Wavetable device.
- Parameter banks in the Wavetable device will now be correctly mapped to control surfaces.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting and freezing multiple tracks containing the External Instrument device.
- If a track with a plug-in device is unfrozen, has its plug-in parameters or preset changed, and is frozen again, it will now record new audio instead of using the old frozen audio file.
- Max for Live devices that are not visible are now correctly notified of active state changes.
- When Push 1 is power-cycled or turned on while Live is running, the touch strip will now be correctly updated in Note Mode
- Previously, after cropping an audio file in Live, a flat line might appear on Push 2's display
- Push will now display the correct notifications for playing clips (e.g., "Press Up Arrow to edit playing clip") on the selected track
- When changing integer values of Max for Live devices from Push, the values are always in sync with those shown in Live
- When using Push, Akai Force MPC, Novation SL MkIII or KeyLab Essential, encoders that are not currently in use will no longer send MIDI CC messages to the selected track.
- In Volume Mode on the Novation Launchpad Pro MK3 controller, button faders will no longer be set to an incorrect color when changes to return tracks are made.
- Older Live Sets with missing components will now be correctly opened in Live