What's new in this version:
- PDF import: Import geometry, including SHX font files, fills, raster images, and TrueType text into a drawing from a PDF
- External file references: Save time and minimize frustration with tools to fix broken paths for externally referenced files.
- Object selection: Selected objects stay in the selection set, even if you pan or zoom off screen.
- Text to Mtext: Convert combinations of text and Mtext objects to a single Mtext object.
- User interface: Work intuitively with common dialog boxes and toolbars.
- Share design views: Publishes design views of your drawing to a secure location for viewing and sharing in a web browser.
- High-resolution monitor support: Enjoy the best possible viewing experience ever, even on 4K and higher resolution displays.
- AutoCAD mobile app: View, create, edit, and share CAD drawings on your mobile device with the AutoCAD mobile app.
- Ribbon tabs and panels: Access your favorite tools easily when you need them with the AutoCAD ribbon.
- Tool palettes: Easily access your most frequently used content and tools with customizable tool palettes.
- Command line: Launch commands and respond to prompts quickly using simple keystrokes, right at the command line.
- Multifunctional grips: Easily reshape, move, or manipulate geometry with grip editing.
- Object and layer transparency: Control the transparency for selected objects or for all objects on a layer.
- Dynamic blocks: Add flexibility and intelligence to your block references, including changing the shape, size, or configuration.
- Associative arrays: Create and modify objects in circular or rectangular patterns, or along a path.
- Object selection and isolation: Find and select all objects that match the properties of an object. Hide or unhide the selected objects.
2D DRAFTING, DRAWING, AND ANNOTATION:
- Text settings: Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Smart dimensioning: Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Leaders: Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Smart centerlines and center marks: Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated objects.
- Tables: Create tables with data and symbols in rows and columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Revision clouds: Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to quickly identify your updates.
- Layouts: Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title block, and display multiple views of your model.
- Layout viewports: Create layout viewports to display different elements of your design at varying scales.
- Fields: Use fields in text objects to display text that can be updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Data linking: Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- Data extraction: Extract information from objects, blocks, and attributes, including drawing information.
- Parametric constraints: Apply geometric and dimensional constraints to maintain relationships between drawing geometry.
- Express tools: Extend the power of AutoCAD with a collection of productivity tools.
3D MODELING AND VISUALIZATION:
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling: Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling tools.
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel): Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Visual styles: Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- Section planes: Create section planes to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Photorealistic rendering: Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- 3D scanning and point clouds: Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to create 3D representations.
- Base, projected, and section views: Generate 2D drawings including base, projected, section, and detail views from 3D models.
- Print Studio: Print Studio provides the tools needed to prepare models for supported 3D printers and materials.
- PDF and DGN import/export/underlay: Share and reuse data from PDF and DGN files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DWG and image references: Attach drawings and images to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Sheet set manager: View, access, manage, and plot multiple drawings as sheet sets.
- Reference Navisworks models: Attach and view Navisworks models as underlays to your AutoCAD drawings.
- Import 3D models: Import maps, parts, and assemblies from applications including CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, and others.
- Geographic location and online maps: Insert geographic location information into a drawing, and display a map in the drawing from an online map service.
INSTALLATION AND CUSTOMIZATION:
- TrustedDWG technology: TrustedDWG™ technology lets you know of a possible incompatibility when a file was not last saved by an Autodesk software.
- Migration tool: Migrate your custom settings and files from previous releases.
- CUI customization: Customize the user interface to improve accessibility and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
- Secure load: Specify security restrictions for running executables in AutoCAD to help protect against malicious executable code.
- Action recorder: Record commands and input values that can be played back as an action macro.
- Multi-user (network) license sharing: Pool licenses on a server to reduce costs when not all licenses are in use at the same time.
- Sysvar monitor: Monitor current system variables against a preferred list of values. Notification balloons alert you of deviations.
- Tools for managing CAD standards: Define and monitor CAD standards to maintain consistent styles for layers, linetypes, text, and dimensions.
- Autodesk App Store: Customize your software with Autodesk-approved extensions from the Autodesk App Store.
- Autodesk desktop app: Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow. View tutorials about new features.