豆是一個小巧，易於使用的文字處理器，旨在使寫作方便，高效和舒適。豆是瘦，快速，整齊。它啟動迅速，有一個生動的字數，並容易在眼睛上。此外，Bean for Mac 免費提供.
MS Word，OpenOffice 等嘗試成為所有人的所有東西，但有時你只是想要正確的工具。這是 Bean 的利基.
Bean 有一些限制：它不做腳註或使用樣式表，只與 Word 的文件格式部分兼容。此外，它允許內聯圖形，但不允許浮動圖形。
實時字數使用樣板文本製作模板文檔自由格式的頁眉和頁腳頁面佈局視圖（可選 2 -up）備用顏色選項（例如，藍色的白色文本）分割窗口編輯全屏編輯日期標記的備份所有可可的好東西（字典，單詞完成等）注：需要 64 位處理器。
||Mac OS X (Intel)
What's new in this version:
- the color, shape and the blink behavior of the text cursor can be altered using the controls found under Bean Preferences > General > Text Cursor (user suggestion)
- added File > Print Selection which will print only the selected text in a document. Multiple selections in a single document are merged, unless ‘Bean Preferences > Advanced > Document > Print Selection… separates multiple selections’ is enabled.
- Print Selection… is also available in the context menu (which appears when you right-click or control-click in the document area)
- the context menu for the document area and the Find/Replace fields now has an Insert menu that allows easy insertion of tabs, paragraph breaks, page breaks, line breaks, and non-breaking spaces
- Edit > Insert > Note (shortcut: Ctrl+Cmd+n) will insert a note in the document using the font, size, text color and highlight color set under Bean Preferences > Advanced > Notes Mode. Preferences for notes include automatically adding brackets and starting a new paragraph.
- Font > Notes Mode turns on *continuous* notes mode. Wherever the text cursor is placed, text typed there will start a new note. De-select Font > Notes Mode to return to normal editing. This is meant to be used like a ‘teacher’s red pen.’ Choose a distinctive font (example: Marker Felt) and color (red, or black with yellow highlight) that will make your notes stand out from the rest of the text. That way, you can later use Style > Select by > Font Style / Color / Highlight Color to select all notes and remove them. Notes cannot be hidden.
- added File > Show in Finder menu item. Hint: Cmd-click the title of a saved document in the title bar of its window to see its location.
- File > Special New > With Current Selection can now use multiple text selections
- .doc and .odt files now use the default paper size found under System Preferences > Print > Default Paper Size (since Apple’s file conversion filters do not read in the paper size for these formats and users expecting A4 were getting U.S. Letter) (user suggestion)
- added a Header type: Title, Author page# (user suggestion)
- removed the Close button from the bottom of the Preferences window (because the window already has a close button in the upper left) (user suggestion)
- page breaks now display as a diamond when View > Show Invisibles is selected (user suggestion)
- the display bug where the text cursor would leave little dots behind it is, I hope, now fixed (user reported)
- fixed a problem where memory wasn’t released when sheets were dismissed
- Edit > Insert > Signature Line works better now
- fixed a problem where the scrollbar would sometimes jump erratically when editing the middle of a long document with Center Cursor Vertically enabled
- fixed a bug where File > Special New > With Current Selection could create an untitled document that was erroneously assigned to plain text type before saving (user reported)
- fixed a bug where the type of measurement units initially used in the Bean Preferences > Style pane could be reported incorrectly as inches instead of centimeters (user reported)
- Edit > Remove > All Text Tables now works
- fixed a bug where unsaved and unedited documents created with File > Special New > With Current Selection would close without a save prompt
- UI tweaks, improved menu validation, cleaned up some code, documentation updated
- removed GPL legal language from JHFindPanel.[mh] (all files directly related to the Find Panel and its regular expression functions are covered by BSD or similarly permissive license)