What's new in this version:
- Important update for French users - when using French localisation, when making a blacklist rule ('Ignore links containing...' etc) the new rule appears not to save when OK pressed
- Fixes problem with finding all frame urls within a frameset
- Adds a trim to the starting url before starting in case whitespace / return characters have been included via a copy and paste.
- Fixes problem with ftp of sitemap file, if Preferences has been set to 'ftp only' and the sitemap generation is attempted before certain other actions.(Integrity Plus only)
- Fixes odd problems with the search field
- Improves the user experience when the [+] (new site) button is pressed for the first time. If a website has already been configured without first creating a new config, the url, settings, rules etc will be saved as the first site before the new one is created (becoming the second site)
- Some fixes and improvements to the 'file size' functionality. And adds option to 'load all images' With this option on, all images are loaded and the size noted. So the 'target size' column of the 'by link' and 'flat views' will show the actual size of the image. With the option off, a size may still be displayed in those columns, but it then relies on the Content-Length field of the server response header, which may be the compressed size of the image or not present. The option slows the scan and uses more data transfer, so only use if you're interested in the size of images on your pages.
- Fixes odd results if a link is an anchor link and contains unicode characters within the anchor
- Fixes links incorrectly found within javascriopt
- Fixes problem causing bad link count to be a little higher than the actual number of bad links. (Caused by certain external urls responding with error butreturning OK when automatically retried, the bad link had already been counted and wasn't reset)
- Important release for users of High Sierra
- Fixes problem that could cause incorrect link text to be reported
- Where appropriate, Integrity uses the HEAD method for efficiency. However, some servers incorrectly return a 404 or 5xx in response to a HEAD request. Such urls are now automatically retried using GET.
- Adds case sensitivity when checking file:// urls there's a new option on the 'Global' tab of Preferences, case sensitivity is on by default.
- Fixes bug which prevented some srcset (2x etc) images from being found
- Increases stability and efficiency under certain circumstances
- Fixes minor problem with the 'delay' functionality (for throttling requests). The bug caused this setting to sometimes not be observed.
- Fixes incorrect handling of base href = single forward slash, now correctly interprets as "relative to the public root"
- Fixes bug causing scan to stall if crawling locally and site is on an external volume
- Enables 'Find' (cmd-F) within debug console
- Keyboard shortcut for main views are changed - shift added (cmd-shift L, T, S, F)
- Fixes bug causing incorrect redirect if a port number is part of the url and the same url redirects multiple times
- Adds debug console with verbosity control
- Adds French localisation to entire app
- Fixes bug causing html pages to not be added to SEO results or Sitemap if it contained no links
- Adds options to ftp dialog (sitemap export) to use TLS, and adds field for port number (defaults to the usual 21)
- Some other small improvements such as validation of the directory field
- fixes issue with links not being found after self-closing script tag in body ()
- fixes issue with
- Improvements to engine, may help with certain sites where timeouts are experienced, maybe randomly or maybe abruptly bringing the scan to a stop. A new 'advanced' preference added to override the new changes and force all connections to stay alive to completion of data load. Not to be used generally (especially where the site contains links to large files) but may help in some situations
- Small change that helps stagger multiple simultaneous requests
- Adds French localization to context help
- Adds support for IDNs - start with either the unicode or encoded version, the unicode version will be displayed, the http requests will be correctly handled using IDNA encoding
- NB - Integrity has long been able to handle unusual characters in the path / filename of a url using encodings such as percent -encoding. This refers to unicode characters in the domain part of the url
- Fixes possible crash on completion of scan under certain circumstances
- Allows generation of a sorted list of images by file size, and which pages they appear on (adds 'target size' column (optional) to the Links 'by link' and 'flat' views)
- Adds 'copy urls' to the context menu where multiple items are selected in all link results tables. (cmd-C also enabled where multiple items are selected). a return-separated list of the selected urls is copied to the clipboard.
- Fixes a crash when using multiple select and 're-check'
A number of fixes around the sitemap functionality, exclusion of pages from the sitemap and canonical URLs:
- Adds a button for viewing pages which have deliberately been excluded from the sitemap. It opens a table showing the URL, canonical URL and the reason that the page has been excluded. The table has context menu for copy URL and visit.
- Where a page has a canonical URL pointing to itself, this page may have been incorrectly excluded from the sitemap in the past if the canonical URL's capitalization is different from the page URL. This match is now checked in a case-insensitive way.
Other small fixes:
- Fixes obscure problem, canonical and other links in the head truncated if url contains /head
- Fixes crash or hang if starting url is a file and that file can't be found, and dock icon is showing progress bar.
- Fixes problem with wrong starting url sometimes being used after File-Open dialog.
- Inherits a fix to the engine, not always recognising an end comment where it looks like -------------->
- Fixes a problem causing Integrity Plus to quit on startup after a certain sequence of events including starting the free Integrity beforehand
- Fixes logical error which meant that if user viewed the 'by status' or 'flat view' while the scan was running, these would not be updated properly at the end of the scan
- Adds Googlebot's user-agent string to the drop-down list of UA strings in Preferences
- Some improvements to the engine, including low disk space detection - offers to stop or continue before space (on the system disk '/' ) becomes critical
- Some fixes to the 'mark as fixed' function - fixes keyboard shortcut (enabled in by link view only), enables multiple selection & mark as fixed in the by link view, and fixes the 'follow up' for that (removing from view if 'bad links only' is in operation)
- Further improvements to the help system
- Unfortunately, OSX components that enhance the help system are available in 10.8 and above. Therefore this version requires minimum 10.8. Users of 10.6 and 10.7 should use Integrity version 6.8.15 and Integrity Plus version 6.8.17
- PeacockMedia's end user licence agreement version v1.2 (published 25 Nov 2016) applies
- Fixes bug causing links to have blank url if the found url contained a particularly unusual percent-encoded character or one that doesn't convert in the claimed encoding
- In case where a page uses the Refresh server response field, and has a large time delay, this could cause Integrity to hang at the end of the scan
- Fixes obscure problem where /head appears within the canonical url, this mistaken as the /head tag, leading to some spurious code appearing in the link results
- Adds multiple selection to by link, by status and by page tables, (these can of course be sorted and filtered in Integrity Plus) and the context menu item 'Re-check selected'. This is a replacement for the old 'Recheck bad links' menu item which was flawed in many ways
- Important fix for anyone scanning locally. Fixes bug present since 6.8.6 which could cause scanning of local files to stall
- Important fix: fixes some spurious non-existent links found when hreflang is present within or tags
- Adds much easier way to select columns for certain tables (flat view and by link) - a menu pulled down from a button just above the table. Similar menu available in export dialog too
- Fixes problem with 'exporting disabled' message appearing even after licence is activated
- Adds 'Depth' as a column in the SEO table (min number of clicks to reach from the home page). This column has already been appearing in the Links tables, but was called 'Distance', now renamed 'Depth' in those tables
- Now makes sure quotes are trimmed from meta refresh url
- Some ../ weren't being correctly resolved if they appeared within the middle of a relative link - improved now
- Adds preference to be tolerant (ie not report a problem) in cases where a ../ travels above the root domain. Although technically an error, browsers tend to tolerate this (assuming the root direcory) so such links will appear to work in a browser
- Small fix to meta refresh redirects
- Adds pattern matching in blacklists / whitelists. * and $ can be used
- Link inspector now remembers the size the user has dragged the previous one to
- links limit in Preferences is capped. Previously, entering a stupidly higher number could cause problems
- Fixes bug causing some spurious data to be included in the link check results, when 'check linked js and css files' is switched on
- Reduces some initial memory allocation - more memory efficient when scanning smaller sites