What's new in this version:
- OmniGraffle 7.7 is focused on improving SVG import and export. SVG exports now include better metadata and imports support more of the SVG specification. SVG imports and exports both produce more accurate output based on the sample files that users have sent in
- Unique IDs - OmniGraffle object IDs are now included on each element (object/group/layer/canvas) when exporting to SVG. Object IDs are unique for each canvas but may change between exports. Use “Show object ID numbers in the Layers tab of the Sidebar” in General preferences to see the ID in OmniGraffle
- Object Titles - Custom object names are now included in the title element when exporting to SVG. Names can be defined using the Object Data inspector or using the Layers tab of the left sidebar
- Freehand Stroke - Added support for the Freehand Stroke style in SVG Exports
- Multiple Text Styles - Improved support for text blocks that contain multiple text styles
- Font Weight - Adjusted the font-weight attribute that is exported to avoid non-bold fonts in OmniGraffle being mis-interpreted as bold
- Artboards - Improved support for exporting artboards as SVG
- Shadows - Improved support for exporting object shadows in SVG Exports
- Rotated Objects - Fixed a bug that caused rotated objects to be rotated the wrong way when exported to SVG
- Overlapping Line Endings - Fixed a bug that caused line endings to not draw next to the connecting object when multiple lines overlapped
- Export Margin - Fixed a bug that prevented the Margin setting in SVG export from being used in the export
- Custom Gradient Midpoints- Custom gradient midpoint data is now included in SVG output instead of assuming midpoint was at the default 50%
- Dashed Strokes - Added import support for the stroke-dasharray attribute
- Transparency - Added import support for the fill-opacity attribute
- Text Alignment - Improvements to various text alignment issues
- SVG Transformations - Improved support for nested SVG transform functions
- Canvas Size Uses viewBox Size - When opening an SVG file in OmniGraffle the canvas size is now defined by the viewBox size in the SVG file
- Ordering of Mixed Group Objects - Fixed a bug that caused the z-order of objects to be incorrect if grouped objects were followed by ungrouped objects
- Hidden Layers - The Flexible canvas mode now accounts for hidden layers by only being large enough to contain the visible objects
- Presentation Mode - Fixed a bug that caused Object Note tooltips to have a dark background after exiting Presentation Mode
- Nudging Bézier Points - Fixed a bug that caused arrow keys to nudge an entire object when a single Bézier point was selected
- Multi-selection of Bézier Points - Fixed a bug that prevented the multiple selection of Bézier points when using the Point Editor too
- Export Selection - Exporting selection is more accurate and no longer creates oversized export areas
- Pen Tool - Fixed a bug that caused lines to render incorrectly when using the Pen tool and constraining the line angle with the shift key
- Stencil Window Previews - Fixed a bug that caused some stencil object previews to be cut-off in the grid view of the Stencil Browser
- Zoom - Fixed a bug that prevented zoom level changes from applying to all selected canvases (would only apply to the visible canvas)
- Page Number Variable - Fixed a bug that caused the Page Number variable to report incorrect page numbers when the page was in negative coordinate space
- Export - Fixed a bug that caused some export preferences to not be applied on initial export
- Visio Import Crash: Fixed a crash when importing Visio documents that contained certain types of connections
- Object Previews: Fixed a problem with preview drawing when duplicating objects via option-drag or dragging them from the Stencil Browser
- Change log not available for this version
- Option + Shift to Duplicate on Axis: Holding down option and shift while dragging a selection duplicates the selection and constrains movement to either the horizontal or vertical axis.
- AppleScript: AppleScript code which assigns plain text to a shape correctly preserves the current text alignment.
- Automation Console Stability: Fixed a crash that would occur when using Undo in the Automation Console.
Minor update focused on bug fixes:
- Printing: Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when opening the Print Dialog on High Sierra
- Automation Documentation: Fixed a bug that prevented the links in the Automation API documentation from working
- Fill Inspector: Fixed a bug that caused the application to hang when detaching the Fill Inspector from the sidebar
Minor update focused on bug fixes:
- Stability: Fixed a crash that would occur when duplicating some graphics from the Connections stencil
- Canvas Size Modes — OmniGraffle 7.4 adds three distinct canvas sizing modes: Fixed, Flexible, and Infinite. Fixed lets you define the exact dimensions of your canvas. Flexible lets you select any direction you want the canvas to grow in and only extends your canvas enough to hold all your objects. If you want infinite canvas space there is also a dedicated third Infinite Canvas mode that extends your canvas in all directions regardless of where your objects are
- Canvas Padding — When using the Flexible mode, OmniGraffle offers a Canvas Padding option to the Canvas Inspector that controls how much extra padding is provided between objects and the edge of the canvas.
- Automation Plug-Ins and Actions (PRO) — With Pro you can save bundles of scripts (called plug-ins) for quick access from the Automation menu in a document and call scripts as Actions on objects
- Copy from the Stencil Window — Added the ability to copy stencils from the Stencil Window and paste them on the canvas instead of dragging and dropping them on the canvas
- Presentation Mode — Added limits to panning in Presentation Mode to prevent content from moving off screen
- Line Endings — The menu of line endings in the Line Inspector now have a label for each type of line ending
- New Artboard Under Selection — The Make Artboard command has been renamed to New Artboard Under Selection and now wraps the selection exactly instead of rounding to the next whole pixel
- Keep Tool Active — Fixed a bug preventing the “Keep tool active” preference from working
- Inspectors — Fixed a bug that caused inspectors that were hidden to show no data when opened and an object was already selected on the canvas
- Stroke Corners — Fixed a bug that caused stroke corners that aligned with bounding box corners from rendering in the correct stroke corner type
- Grouped Lines — Fixed a bug that prevented changing line attributes when the line was in a group
- Fit in Window — Fixed a bug that caused the Fit in Window setting to remain active after changing zoom level
- Print Canvas on One Page — Fixed a bug that was preventing objects in negative space (above or to the left of the origin) from printing when the “Print canvas on one page” option is enabled
- Overlapping Artboards — Fixed a bug that caused content on top of two or more overlapping artboards to move unexpectedly when both artboards are moving
- AppleScript — Fixed a bug that caused the sidebar to refresh too often when adding content via AppleScript
- Stability — Fixed a crash that would occur when undoing a change to an adjustable star
- OmniOutliner Import — Fixed a bug that caused OmniOutliner 5 imports to fail for some users
- AppleScript — Fixed a bug that prevented AppleScript from accessing the frontmost window
- AppleScript — Fixed a bug that caused an “AppleEvent handler failed” error when trying to get the current window selection
- Style Tray — Fixed a bug causing the Style Tray to not reflect the current selection when the tray is in the toolbar. The Style Tray also wasn’t staying in the toolbar after restarting the app, that’s fixed too
- Size Uses Printer Pages — Fixed a bug that caused the “Size uses printer pages” checkbox to uncheck when the canvas size changed
- OmniGraffle 7.3 improves Presentation Mode by adding support for artboards, zoom controls, and a sidebar for navigation. Use arrow keys to navigate between artboards (left/right) and canvases (up/down). Move your mouse to the left edge of the screen to reveal the presentation sidebar. Zoom controls are available in the View menu, and keyboard shortcuts and gestures work too
- Presenting with Artboards — Added support for presenting artboards in Presentation Mode
- Zoom Controls when Presenting — Added the ability to zoom and pan in Presentation Mode
- Presentation Mode Sidebar — Added a sidebar that lists canvases and artboards
- OmniOutliner Import — Added support for OmniOutliner 5’s .ooutline file format
- Split Screen — OmniGraffle windows can now share full screen mode with another application using Apple’s Split Screen functionality. You can even have two OmniGraffle windows sharing the same full-screen Space
- Inspectors — Did you know you can grab individual inspectors and rearrange them? OmniGraffle 7.3 adds grab handle indicators on inspectors to make that more clear
- Adjustable Shapes — Adjustable shape handles would often be confused with Bézier points and get stuck under resize handles. Now the adjustable shape handles have a different look and get preference when they overlap resize handles
- Inspecting Locked Objects — Inspector fields now show values for locked objects but prevent editing until the object is unlocked
- Aligning to Locked Objects — Now you can align unlocked objects to locked objects with the Alignment tools
- Group Alignment — Fixed a bug causing alignment buttons to be unavailable when one item in the selection was a group
- Performance — Fixed a memory leak that was causing poor performance on files that were open for a long period of time
- Performance — Opening and closing the sidebar and inspectors is much smoother now
- Text Label Performance — Typing in a text label field is no longer excruciatingly slow. The rendering dirt has been cleaned up too
- Windows and Full Screen — Occasionally when moving documents between two different sized displays or re-opening a document on a different size display the application window wouldn’t adapt correctly. This would also occasionally occur with Full Screen mode when switching displays
- Auto Layout — Fixed an issue with undoing Auto Layout that would sometimes cause object ID collisions
- Text Tool — Fixed a bug causing the Text Tool to always be active when selected instead of using the “Keep tool active” Drawing Preference
- Lines with Labels — Duplicate now includes a line’s label when the line is duplicated
- Tooltips — Fixed a bug that caused incorrect tooltips for inspector controls
- Hot Keys — Fixed a bug that caused the Tool Hot Keys to not appear in the Drawing Tools preference pane
- Rendering — Cleaned up some gray highlight artifacts that would sometimes persist after selecting and moving objects
- Subgraphs — Fixed a rendering issue with the Outline sidebar tab when editing the contents of a subgraph
- Stability — Fixed a crash caused by switching from the Selection sidebar tab to the Layers sidebar tab with text selected on the canvas
- Stability — Fixed a crash that would sometime occur when switching between or closing document windows
- SVG Import: Added preliminary support for importing text. SVG text attributes are imported as text objects now, though font and formatting specifications aren’t supported yet.
- Export Settings: Export Settings, including custom export sizes, are now saved as part of the document so they are available each time you export and on any of your computers. Bonus: You can set up templates with your common export settings and they’ll be pre-filled when you’re ready to export.
- Documentation: Updated documentation to include a section on data variables.
- Stencils Window: The background color now uses the Stencil’s canvas color instead of a sea foam green.
- Recent Stencils: The automatically generated Recents stencil now uses autolayout so stencils aren’t added on top of each other.
- Stencils Window: Clicking the Stencils button in the toolbar now toggles the floating Stencils window open and closed if you have that option selected.
- Touch Bar: Stroke color and fill color controls on the Touch Bar now work when groups are selected.
- Keyboard Shortcuts and Hot Keys: Fixed a bug that caused keyboard shortcuts and hot keys to intermittently stop working.
- Bézier Points: Moving individual Bézier points with arrow keys works again.
- Pen Tool: Fixed a bug that was causing Bézier handles to not appear when clicking and dragging with the Pen tool.
- Text Follows Path: Text labels that are set to follow the path of a line will now account for the stroke width so that they don’t obstruct labels.
- Export: Fixed a bug that caused slashes in canvas names to break the export process.
- Exporting Other OmniGraffle Types: Fixed a bug that causeed all OmniGraffle stencil and OmniGraffle template exports to be OmniGraffle documents instead.
- Diagram Styles: Fixed a couple of bugs that prevented “Restyle Selected Objects” and “Reapply Diagram Style” from working.
- Pattern Fills: Fixed a bug that prevented Pattern Fills from showing in the Color Picker.
- Shared Layers: Fixed a bug that caused the sidebar to not immediately update and display a newly created shared layer.
- Undo: Fixed a bug that caused undoing a “Lay Out Now” operation to not restore all line connections.
- Dragging Multiple Objects: Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause rendering jitter when dragging a selection of multiple objects around the canvas.
- Export Margin: Fixed a bug that prevented the stepper buttons from working in the margin field of the export panel when the canvas units were set to inches.
- Stability: Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when re-organizing content in the outline tab of the sidebar
- Stability: Fixed many of the crashes that you’ve reported. Thanks for sending them in!