What's new in this version:
New and improved features:
- Opera 11.60 uses "Tunny" as its code name.
Opera Presto 2.10 rendering engine:
- Opera 11.60 uses the Opera Presto 2.10 rendering engine (Presto/2.10.229).
The user interface for Opera Mail has been redesigned:
- Two-lined message list: Opera Mail will now default to "list on the left, message on the right", with the newest message on top, and showing message threads.
- Mail grouping: Opera will automatically group messages by date. You can also group them by unread status, by pinned status, or not at all.
- Cleaned up look: The mail toolbars are simplified, and icons have been redesigned.
- New settings dialogs: The "View" dropdown menu with all its sub-menus has been replaced by an overlay dialog that can be reached by clicking the "wrench" button.
- Pinning: You can now "pin" messages with one click in the message list or in the message headers, to mark a message for attention. This pinning is mapped to the IMAP Flagged feature, so it corresponds to "starring" and "flagging" in other IMAP clients, and with Gmail's starred messages.
- See: Mail goes two-lined and grouped
Featherweight address field with star menu:
- The star menu in the address field allows you to quickly bookmark a page or to create a Speed Dial entry.
Web specifications support:
- Opera 11.60 incorporates web specifications added up to and including Opera Presto 2.10 core-integration-point 229.
- Implemented the HTML5 parsing algorithm
- The HTML5 specification defines a set of parsing rules for all markup, whether valid or invalid. Once all browsers have HTML5 parsers, the same markup will produce the same DOM across all conforming browsers. Hence, the HTML5 parser will improve website compatibility.
HTML5 and :
- Implemented support for the following attributes: preload, buffered, seekable, muted
- Implemented the DOM API for HTML5 Microdata.
HTML5 custom scheme and content handlers:
- Implemented support for registerProtocolHandler() and registerContentHandler() methods.
- Implemented full support for ECMAScript 5.1
XMLHttpRequest Level 2:
- Implemented support for "Khronos Typed Arrays" and XMLHttpRequest Level 2 support for receiving ArrayBuffers
- Implemented full support for for radial-gradient and repeated-radial-gradient.
- Implemented support for font-relative length rem in CSS and SVG.
- Added support for applying the image-rendering property to HTML content, including: , , , background-image, and (-o-)border-image.
- Implemented Google's new geolocation JSON API.
Changes since Opera 11.60 beta:
- Ctrl+Enter does not fill in Wand password
- Flash player does not close when closing a tab
- Inaccessible plug-in options in File type dialog
- Clean up Address Field and Search Field paddings
- URL not displayed in address field search if the list is too long
- Visual artifact in place of an arrow in the bookmarks dialog
- Opera crashes when removing Speed Dial that is being edited in another window
- Vertical alignment broken in the Add to Bookmarks dropdown dialog
- Unfocused selected item in panels has white font without background color
- Web handler toolbar not invoked for mailto protocol after another protocol handler has been deleted
- Opera crashes when attempting to close multiple tab stacks using "close all" command
- Crash on closing all tabs with UI animations off
- Browser does not react on clicks correctly after printing (script execution not unpaused)
- Ctrl+T doesn't set focus in address field
- Remove fast forward tip
- Crash when writing mailto: on Speed Dial page
- Script execution stops in extension pop-outs after it receives resize event: Ghostery pop-out is empty
- Crash on closing extensions popup
- Highlighted lines in the address field dropdown no longer vertically aligned in the center
- Crash related to the Web Handler Toolbar
- handler-spam blocks browser interaction
- Stop/Resume button and tooltip in the download manager always says Resume
- Crash after upgrading from 11.52 to 11.60
- Blurry thumbnails when resizing Speed Dial
- Speed Dial manual zoom doesn't take effect immediately
- Crash on closing multiple tabs having the Tab Bar set to Wrap to multiple lines
- Crash with empty address in search engine template
- Crash on closing Opera after failure to Save bookmarks file
- Mac: Crash after reloading page with drop-down open
- Mac: Page navigation swipe gestures for Mac OS 10.7
Display and scripting:
- Focus won't stay in empty contenteditable=true element during IME composition
- Gmail inbox doesn't load
- Mouse gesture crash
- Crash with Dragonfly on forbes.com
- Web Workers crash
- DOM related cache crash on startup
- Inline blocks with specified width and padding and margin cause painting issues
- Function.constructor wrong on tuenti.com
- 100% CPU and eats all available memory at cisco.com subpage
- Content missing on catchoftheday.com.au
- Inline find crash
- Events not handled on fixed positioned child of absolutely positioned parent with overflow: auto and z-index
- Searching for pages in history using page title no longer works
- ixbt.com comments are not loaded
- Opening Unite home service triggers network warning
- Improved handling of fraud protection for URLs containing authentication credentials
Mail, news, chat:
- Updated list of known mail providers for some Russian mail providers
- Make the feed header size a bit smaller and customizable (Prefs > Fonts > Titles)
- Keyboard shortcut "i" does not toggle through all mail views
- "Add contact" or shortcut A does not work
- New mails are date sorted behind old mails when no grouping is selected
- Prevent 'thread jumping' when marking messages as read
- Following contact broken when there was no contact item yet
- Not all messages get the unseen state in opera mail
- No context menu in quick reply
- Improve keyboard shortcuts and selecting messages in grouped mail list
- Follow/ignore contact and thread fixes
- Compose window background color is blue
- [Mac] "White label" in 11.60 is not white
- [Mac] Mail configuration dialogs have wrong layout on Mac
- Always show the global mail settings button in the top right position
- Expand/collapse button is not needed in mail header
- Sensible defaults for custom view specific sorting/grouping
- Use locale date format for "DD/MM" in sent date column
- Added an upgrade mail for existing M2 users
- Layout of label rules is broken
- No quick reply field on mail layout 'List and Message below'
- Can not make Spam properties dialog taller
- Search in "All messages" only works with complete strings
- Can't open attachments set to open in Opera on Mac
- Changing 'show' type settings in Unread view doesn't work
- Reopening a Mail panel section takes two clicks
- Mail list item context menu update
- Fixed a moderately severe issue; details will be disclosed at a later date
- Fixed an issue that could allow pages to set cookies or communicate cross-site for some top level domains; see our advisory
- Improved handling of certificate revocation corner cases
- Added a fix for a weakness in the SSL v3.0 and TLS 1.0 specifications, as reported by Thai Duong and Juliano Rizzo; see our advisory