What's new in this version:
New! Convert compression format:
- Open and convert content from a wide selection of industry-standard compression file types using WinZip® Mac 9. It’s easy to instantly convert a LZH, LHA, RAR, 7Z, TAR, Z, GZ, TAZ, TGZ, BZ, XZ or Z file into a Zip or ZipX file.
New! Expanded efficiency with duplicate file detection:
- You might not realize it, but your compressed files often contain duplicate files, adding to the size of your zip file. WinZip Mac 9 detects and zips duplicate files using an internal link to save you space. Your unzipped duplicate files remain the same size and structure, but your Zipx files will be smaller than ever.
ENHANCED! Secure file backup and space saving (Pro Only):
- With the freshen backup option, WinZip Mac 9 backs up only the files that have changed, resulting in a faster backup. And faster backups mean you spend less time wondering if you have a secure copy of your important files.
ENHANCED! Military grade encryption out-of-the-box:
- Benefit from the security of AES-256 encryption, used by Banks and Military agencies, to ensure the highest level of encryption and protection of your files. Ensure safe storage with default AES-256 encryption of your most important files – no matter where you store them.
ENHANCED! Full visibility of compression statistics:
- Review the compression stats right after creating a Zip or Zipx file. This time-saving feature gives you full visibility to the compressed and uncompressed file sizes, storage used, number of files added, and the storage needed for the compressed files.
New! Mac clipboard support:
- Simply copy and paste files from your Mac to a Zip or Zipx file. This quick step allows you to transparently manage what you want to add to a Zip as you copy files from a folder and paste to your Zip file, replicating your file and folder structure.
ENHANCED! Resize your WinZip file manager:
- Now you can resize the WinZip files pane, allowing you to have more space to managing files and folders or see more of what is inside the Zip file.
ENHANCED! View PDFs without opening:
- Review PDF files before unzipping them and select what file to extract before extracting them. You can also view each file as a thumbnail and review the content type before extracting it, which saves time, and keeps the files organized.
New! Watermark PDFs (Pro Only):
- Watermark PDFs when adding to a Zip or Zipx file, providing an extra layer of security to your documents without complicated tasks. Just select “watermark” in options before zipping the PDF and WinZip will do the rest.